Cardiff & Vale Handyman takes health and safety seriously. As a result we regularly review methods of work to ensure that we fully comply with the most recent health and safety regulations. This serves to protect our operatives, you and the members of the public.
You will find more information relating to the the risks associated with Handyman work and why we take it seriously at www.hse.gov.uk
Before any work is carried out, a risk assessment and method statement is carried out, because every site is unique and has its own risks and dangers.
Protective measures could include:
• The use of high visibility 'Work in Progress" signs
• Cordoning off areas where work is being carried out if necessary
•. Under certain circumstances it is only practical to access a building outside of work hours, this can be arranged
We aim to provide peace of mind and reassurance to our clients, therefore our Public Liability insurance covers us up to £2million. Copies of your risk assessment, method statements and insurance cover are available on request.
We’ve been closely monitoring Government health advice relating to the spread of coronavirus. Our team will continue to follow Government recommendations – with the aim of reducing the risk of passing the virus between our customers and our tradespeople.
We’re continuing to book jobs for customers who are self-isolating so that people aren’t left without essential services.
Can you hire a Handyman during lockdown?
Yes, at Cardiff & Vale Handyman, during the lockdown, we remain open for business as the government guidelines allows us to trade as normal, provided that we continue to follow the governments guidance on working safely during Covid 19 in other peoples homes.
• Maintaining social distancing whenever possible.
• Hand washing and surface cleaning.
• Keeping the activity time involved as short as possible.
• Limiting the number of workers within a confined space to maintain social distancing.
• Working materials should be assigned to an individual when possible. If they need to be shared, they should be shared by the smallest number of people.
Whether your water tap has been dripping constantly not letting you get a good night’s sleep, or your radiator hasn’t been working properly making your home cold during these cold and chilly nights –we will be able to help.
Copyright © 2021 Cardiff & Vale Handyman - All Rights Reserved.